MENTAL MATHS WARM UP
Just write the answers into your book
1. What is half of fourteen?
2. What is eleven subtract six?
3. Multiply eight by four.
4. What number is two less than nine hundred and one?
5. How many minutes are there in a quarter of an hour?
Use <, = or > to compare these different amounts.
Letter to Year 5
Today you are going to write a letter to your Year 5 teacher. 4S, you are writing to Mr Moroney and 4R you will be writing to Miss Rowlands.
Things to include in your letter:
- write 3 things about yourself that you wish your teacher to know
- explain what you enjoyed about year 4
- say what you are looking forward to in year 5
- ask 3 questions about the up coming year
Please send your letters to firstname.lastname@example.org so they can be passed on to your new teacher.