Use the table to help you solve these questions into your red book.
1. Dood bought a catapult, 2 waterbombs and a bouncy ball. How much did he spend?
2. Dood decided to buy 5 bouncy balls, how much would this cost altogether?
3. Dexter gazed into the pet shop window and wanted to buy 5 meaty chunks. How much would this cost him?
4. Dexter bought 2 lots of bones, 4 meaty chunks and some fish bits. How much did he spend?
5. Kasper has £5. He bought some cream, some fish and 5 feathers. How much did he spend? How much change did he get?
6. Dood bought two bouncy balls, 3 pens and some slime. How much did he spend altogether?
YEAR 4 LOVE A MATHS CHALLENGE.
Make up your own question using the table above.
You could even send your question to the class blog for your friends to solve
or send it to
firstname.lastname@example.org for Miss van de Stouwe and Miss Rowlands to solve.
MATHS PROBLEM SOLVING
Xaivion has £7.89 and his mum gives him another £4.50.
Then his nanna gives him £2.45.
How much does he have altogether?
Maddie has £10.
She wants to buy two pizzas and a can of pop.
She says,"I have enough money."
Is she correct?
Explain your reason why
Rewrite these sentences using the correct use of commas.
1. Under the canopy of the kapok tree Senhor rested against the roots.
2.The kapok tree is home to insects jaguars sloths anteaters and macaws.
3. In the evening the fireflies darted between the trees.
WALT: Use VIPERS reading skills
Take a look at the fact file about Oceans. Read through it and then answer the questions in your writing book.