This half-term we will be concentrating on the following activities :
1 - To run using good posture,
2 - To compete in a long jump from a standing position,
3 - To throw an object safely, aiming to get it as far as possible.
Hopefully over the last week you have all practiced your running skills. It's not easy but with lots of determination, you'll be great in no time.
BEFORE STARTING ANY OF THE ACTIVITIES BELOW, PLEASE ENSURE YOU DO AN APPROPRIATE WARM UP, WEAR THE CORRECT CLOTHING, NO JEWELLERY TO BE WORN AND LONG HAIR MUST BE TIED BACK
This week we'll be looking at activity:
2 - To compete in a long jump from a standing position
Warm Up : have a go at walking really stiffly, now walk like jelly. Move like a soldier, now
move like a cat! Move like your legs are really heavy or light as a feather.
- Practice standing very still on one leg for 5 seconds.
- Hop on the spot for 5 seconds then swap legs.
- Hop forwards 5 times on one leg.
- Now try hop, hop, step, hop, hop, jump.
- Next, let's try a standing jump - take off from one leg, extend your take off leg quickly and drive your other free knee up high and land on your two feet.
- Use something to mark a start position and keep jumping - try and get a little further each time - GOOD LUCK!
Warm Down : Run around for a little while slowly decreasing your speed to a gentle walk. End by stretching.