Hi everyone! We hope you've been keeping fit and active over the holidays as best you can. Remember, even if you don't have a lot of room or don't have a garden, there are plenty of activities you can do in small spaces to help you burn off a bit of energy and help if you're feeling restless or bored!
This half term, as the weather is getting a little bit warmer, we'll be looking at what sports normally take place during the summer months so we will be doing some... ATHLETICS!
This week we will be concentrating on the following activity :
1 - To run using good posture.
BEFORE STARTING ANY OF THE ACTIVITIES BELOW, PLEASE ENSURE YOU DO AN APPROPRIATE WARM UP, WEAR THE CORRECT CLOTHING, NO JEWELLERY TO BE WORN AND LONG HAIR MUST BE TIED BACK
1 - To Run Using Good Posture (outdoor space needed)
- On command ‘run high’ you need to have a tall body position as you run - on the balls of your feet, picking your feet up high and your head held high.
- Repeat with ‘run low’ doing the opposite .
- Now repeat but more quickly than before.
- Now repeat above commands whilst walking, jogging, sidestepping, skipping and sprinting.
- Play squirrels- you are a squirrel collecting nuts (beanbags or anything else you can find) for your tree (hoops). Puts the nuts at the end of your garden or park field. On ‘go’ you must run to collect one bean bag at return it to the tree and repeat until all the nuts are collected.
Run around the perimeter of the garden/field, slowly decreasing speed to a gentle walk. End by stretching.