MONDAY 27TH APRIL 2020
Please find your English and maths below.
It is important you complete these activities everyday.
Remember to send any of your work to email@example.com
Miss Rowlands and Miss van de Stouwe
WALT: subtract numbers up to 4 digits
Complete these questions into your book.
898 - 563
3246 - 2138
9345 - 3738
6324 - 894
8374 - 2698
show your working out
one digit per square
check your working out carefully
check your answer using the inverse
THE MONDAY MATHS CHALLENGE
WALT: make a prediction
This week, we are going to start reading a new book called 'The Great Kapok Tree' and we will be basing our writing around this.
Today, we would like you to look at the front cover of the book and make a prediction.
WALT: Use VIPERS reading skills
Please read the text about the rainforest and answer the questions in full sentences.
SPELLING RULE: suffix 'ly'
Watch the video below all about the suffix ly
Remember the four rules for adding the suffix ly
1. if the word ends in 'e' - you just add ly
2. If the word ends in ''y' - you remove the y and add 'ily'
3. If the word ends in 'l' - you add ly and the word has a double l
3. Some words which end in 'le' - swap the e for a ly
SPAG - SPELLING, PUNCTUATION AND GRAMMAR.
WALT: use 'was' and 'were' correctly
was - singular
were - plural
singular - means 1
plural - means more than 1
Please watch the youtube video all about 'was' or 'were'.
Add either 'was' or 'were' into these sentences.
1. The boys _______ playing on the swings.
2. The footballers _______ practicing their skills on the field.
3. The dog ________ playing with his toys.
4. The greedy cats _____ eating their food.
4. The oranges ____ very juicy
5. The water in the swimming pool _____ cold.
6. There _____ a beautiful, delicate butterfly in the garden.