Exciting News! New Victoria Park Junior School website launching soon...
Home Page



something has gone wrong online and I need help.






Being online can be exciting and fun – but some things online can leave you feeling upset, worried or confused. If you feel any of these things when you’re online it’s important to know where to get help.




Talk to someone!

It’s great to talk and it can really help you feel better about things. There’s lots of people you can talk to, such as friends, family members and teachers. Remember- you can also speak to our school online safety ambassadors.


Make a report.

If something has happened on a service like a game or social media site, you might be able to make a report. You can often report other users if they’ve done something to upset or worry you. You can also report content - such as hurtful comments or upsetting photos that you don’t want to see.


Call Childline.

If you’re really unsure about what to do and you don’t have anyone you can talk to, then remember you can always call Childline on 0800 11 11 or visit their website for more advice

Are you worried about something that’s happening to you or a friend?

Do you need help right now?


It’s not always easy to admit it but we all need help sometimes. If you’ve got a problem or something you’re worried about you'll find lots of people and places that can help here.

REMEMBER – whatever the problem is, talking about it can be the first step to solving it. If there’s an adult you trust like a parent, carer or a teacher talk to them first about what’s happening.


Childline is a free helpline for children and young people. You can contact Childline about anything. No problem is too big or too small. Whatever your worry, it's better out than in.


Childline is a private and confidential service. Confidential means not telling anyone else what you’ve said. This means that whatever you say stays between you and Childline.


They would only need to tell someone else if:

  • You ask them to
  • They believe your life or someone else’s life is in immediate danger
  • You tell us that you are seriously harming another young person


Call them on 0800 1111. The number won’t appear on your phone bill.


You can also visit to speak to a counsellor online.