MENTAL MATHS WARM UP
Work these questions out IN YOUR HEAD and write the answer in your book
1. What number must I add to twenty-five to make one hundred?
2. One orange costs nineteen pence. How much will three oranges cost?
3. How many less than forty-one is seventeen?
4. A regular hexagon has sides six centimetres long. What is the perimeter of the hexagon?
5. How many millilitres are there in three-quarters of a litre?
Have a go at adding these decimals. Be careful with your place value.
Remember one digit per square. Use a separate square for your decimal point
Although going away during the summer holiday might not happen, today you are going to pretend that you are able to go anywhere. That could mean staying where you are, visiting a place in the UK, going abroad anywhere in the world or perhaps visiting a different planet!
Where would you go? Why? Write your explanation, giving as much detail as possible.