The Giant's Necklace is a fascinating story,in which a girl named Cherry and her family goon holiday but a tragic storyline occurs...
Cherry decides to make a giants necklace outof wire and shells and her aim is to reach the toaster. When she discovers she needs more shells the race is on as she only has one more day at the beach to complete it. She ends up alone on the beach, when suddenly to her horror the tide starts coming in! It's a race to escape...
Whilst reading this epic adventure children will be learning to:
- Predict using both evidence inferred and implied.
- Write a contrasting setting description using a full range of sentence structures; vivid and interesting language; and literary features.
- Gathering information and inferring about a character to write a character description.
- Write a recount.
- Clarifying the meaning of words and asking appropriate questions about the text.
- Appreciate poems and their literary effects including metaphor, simile and alliteration.
Along the way, we will identify: colons, semi-colons, dashes, perfect tense, active and passive sentences, sentence openers, conjunctions, pronouns and possessive pronouns.