This half term we have been reading ‘Skellig’ written by the children’s novelist, David Almond.
“Michael steps into the crumbling garage. What is this thing beneath the spiders' webs and dead flies? A human being or a strange kind of beast never seen before?”
Whilst reading this novel, our children will be:
- Reading to locate clues in a text,
- Understanding how atmosphere, tension and suspense is created,
- Writing PEE paragraphs,
- Understanding the writer's viewpoint and purpose,
- Learning to re-draft and improve their writing,
- Writing a setting description with tension and suspense,
- Writing and structuring a non-fiction report
Year 6 will enjoy a birds of prey trip, where they will have the opportunity to gather scientific facts and vocabulary for their information reports.