This half term, we are going to be looking at 'A gloriously wacky story' by Philip Reeve & Sarah McIntyre called:
OLIVER AND THE SEAWIGS
'With his new friends - a grumpy old albatross, a short-sighted mermaid and a friendly island called Cliff - Oliver goes off in search of his missing parents. But before he can put his rescue plan into action, there's an army of pesky sea monkeys to contend with...'
Whilst exploring this wonderful text, the children will be:
- infering information about a text
- making predictions based on events
- using adverbs and adjectives in their writing
- using prepositions where effective
- including similes in their work
- writing character descriptions
- and using the outdoors to help write detailed setting descriptions.
Why not click back later to see the excellent work our children will create...