This half term, we are going to be studying a text by the author Emma Yarlett called 'Orion and the Dark'.
This beautifully illustrated and heartwarming story will allow the children to join Orion on an adventure as he faces his BIGGEST FEAR and finds out it's FRIENDLY!
"...Orion is scared of...wasps and monsters and girls and shed
and storms and dogs and spiders and heights, but most of all he's scared of the DARK..."
Whilst exploring this wonderful text, the children will be:
- infering information about a text
- making predictions based on events
- using adverbs and adjectives in their writing
- using prepositions where effective
- including similes in their work
- writing character descriptions
- and using the outdoors to help write detailed setting descriptions.