Listening to Parents & Carers: Always Improving!
In addition to our regular informal conversations with parents & carers, we invite feedback/comments through the completion of short questionnaires during the school year. We think it is important for you to know that we have listened and how we have responded to your feedback so will always send home a summary outlining what "You Said" and what "We Did".
Year 3: We are aware that the transition from the Infant School can be a busy time and families are given lots of information about new routines and expectations! It is important for us to better understand your experience of the move to our school so a short questionnaire is sent home around the October Half Term break. Your feedback from 2016-17 included:
- “Absolutely fine - it was a great transition.”
- “I am very impressed with the teaching and help and support given to the children.”
- “Very impressed with all the extra-curricular activities and all the positive reinforcement.”
- “The transition has been seamless and my daughter is enjoying her time in junior school.”
- “The transition has been excellent, my son has settled in very well and loves going to school. We especially liked that in Year 2, the children were invited to the Junior school to enjoy fun activities including performances and school discos.”
- "The transition day with their new teacher prior to the summer break helped tremendously."
- "I would like to see the menus to help my daughter to make choices." We have now added the menus under the Healthy Lunchtimes section of our school website.
- “A solution to parking issues-bigger car park?” We regularly request that drivers observe the markings in our car park to ensure children's safety. We have no plans to extend the car park and recommend that parents/carers leave cars at home when possible.
- “My son would prefer to do more non team based sports." So far we have had Archery and Rock climbing classes. Currently we have Yoga, Cross Country and Judo and soon will have a Meditation class. Details of all our before, during and after school clubs can be found on our 'Clubs & Activities' pages.
- "I would like to know more about what the children are doing in class." You can find out all about what you child is up to by looking on the year group page. We have also recently set up a Twitter account to help keep you involved and you can directly link your smart phone direct to the school calendar so you will never miss out on important events. Please contact the school for details.
- "I would like to know more about the rest of the teachers in the school-all the teachers I have met so far are lovely!" Information about all members of staff is included in the school website.
Years 4, 5 & 6: we invite feedback usually during the Spring Term on a variety of areas identified by staff and governors.