This half term, Year 3 will be reading 'The Tear Thief', a dreamy and poetic story written by the Poet Laureate, Carol Ann Duffy which was shortlisted for the Red House Children's Book Award.
Have you heard about the tear thief? Every evening, she moves soundlessly about the town in her silk slippers, collecting children's tears and popping them into her silvery sack. No one can see her,because her reflection is only visible in puddles, but wherever she goes, she works a special kind of magic, and the child she is visiting has no need to cry anymore...
Whilst reading the book, the children will :
- share their predictions,
- write setting descriptions using expanded noun phrases and prepositions for detail,
- create their own similar characters,
- use speech between two characters,
- write a personal recount in role as a character,
- draw pictures of the characters and much, much more!